Los Angeles competition which counts Lawrence Power, Antoine Tamestit and Jennifer Stumm among previous winners, enters final stretch
The 2018 Primrose International Viola Competition, held in Los Angeles under the auspices of the Colburn School and the American Viola Society, has announced the eight violists who have made it through to the semi-finals.
- Erika Gray (United States)
- Hae-Sue Lee (South Korea)
- Zoë Martin-Doike (United States)
- Daniel Orsen (United States)
- Leonid Plashinov-Johnson (United Kingdom)
- Tobias Reifland (Germany)
- Mathis Rochat (France/Switzerland)
- Sarina Zickgraf (Germany)
The competition is taking place at the Colburn School in Los Angeles in parallel with the American Viola Society Festival.
The 16 June final with the Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra will see prizes of $15,000, $10,000 and $5,000 awarded to the top three, plus a $1,000 transcription prize.
Past winners include March issue cover star Lawrence Power (1999), Antoine Tamestit (2001) and Jennifer Stumm (2005).
The semi-finals are scheduled for today, 14 June, 1-5pm and 6-10pm PDT and will be live streamed on the competition’s facebook page.
No comments yet