Seven young cellists will compete for a place in the final, a share of €15,000 cash and other prizes
The International Instrumental Competition Markneukirchen has announced the semi-finalists for its 2019 cello competition.
- Beata Antikainen (Finland)
- Balázs Dolfin (Hungary)
- Jeremias Fliedl (Austria)
- YeongKwang Lee (South Korea)
- Anton Spronk (Netherlands/Switzerland)
- Friedrich Thiele (Germany)
- Daniel Thorell (Schweden)
The competition’s first prize winner takes €7,000 in cash as well as a BAM cello case and concert engagement with Chursächsischen Philharmonie Bad Elster.
With Markneukirchen being the centre of German instrument making, there is also a new bow by a local master bowmaker on offer for the winner of the audience prize.