The music education charity has announced Friday Live!, a weekly online series of live sessions and downloadable activities
The music education charity London Music Masters (LMM) has today announced it is launching Friday Live!, a weekly online series of engaging live sessions and downloadable activities delivered by artists and music leaders from around the world. It is designed to keep young people and their families creative, motivated, and challenged during lockdown and throughout summer, and is open for anyone to enjoy.
Every Monday throughout Summer, London Music Masters will release an outline on their Friday Live! homepage of what’s happening during that week, and who each activity is aimed towards.
• Each week, three types of activities will be available:
• Explore! – There will be one musical activity open to everyone to explore in their own time during the week, with submissions celebrated every Friday on LMM’s Facebook Live
• Participate! – There will be three live sessions taking place on LMM’s Facebook Live every Friday (11am, 1pm, 3pm). These sessions will be delivered by different people and targeted at specific audiences
• Listen! - There will be one weekly live performance from artists taking place at the end of every Friday on LMM’s Facebook Live, with all being offered payment for their contributions. So far, Violinist Elena Urioste and pianist Tom Poster are lined up to perform in the series.
- Read: Benedetti Foundation launches the Virtual Benedetti Sessions
- Read: Public to perform and sing on track with BBC Lockdown Orchestra as part of a UK-wide performance
- Read: Top 5 free online musical education resources
- Read: Benedetti Foundation announces online daily music lessons
Commenting on Friday Live!, LMM’s Executive Director Rob Adediran said: ‘Music is meant to be shared and enjoyed and I believe it is an experience best had live! In the midst of the lockdown, live music is still happening in people’s homes all over the country from singing in the shower to string quartets with the neighbours. LMM’s weekly Friday Live series gives our nation’s young people the tools and inspiration to get involved, to make music and to inspire their local community (socially distanced of course!). It is a programme of activities and performances curated for our times and for our communities with some of the finest artists and music leaders from around the world. Anyone can join in and we can’t wait to see how the nation responds. Let’s all make music live every Friday!’
No comments yet