The Ast, Elmire and Novo Quartets continue their semi-final performances in Geneva
FRIDAY 27 OCTOBER
Session 4 - 15:30 (CET)
- C. Debussy: String Quartet in G minor, Op. 10
- L. v. Beethoven: String Quartet n°4 in C minor, Op. 18/4
- R. Saunders: Fletch
Session 5 - 17:00 (CET)
- L. v. Beethoven: String Quartet n°1 in F Major, Op. 18/1
- A. Webern: Langsamer Satz
- P. Dusapin: Quatuor V
Session 6 - 19:00 (CET)
- C. Nielsen: String Quartet n°1 in G minor, Op. 13
- F. Donatoni: La Souris sans sourire
- L. v. Beethoven: String Quartet n°8 in E minor, Op. 59/2
In The Best of Technique you’ll discover the top playing tips of the world’s leading string players and teachers. It’s packed full of exercises for students, plus examples from the standard repertoire to show you how to integrate the technique into your playing.
The Strad’s Masterclass series brings together the finest string players with some of the greatest string works ever written. Always one of our most popular sections, Masterclass has been an invaluable aid to aspiring soloists, chamber musicians and string teachers since the 1990s.
American collector David L. Fulton amassed one of the 20th century’s finest collections of stringed instruments. This year’s calendar pays tribute to some of these priceless treasures, including Yehudi Menuhin’s celebrated ‘Lord Wilton’ Guarneri, the Carlo Bergonzi once played by Fritz Kreisler, and four instruments by Antonio Stradivari.