According to the chart, six US concertmasters earn more than half a millon dollars
This table, compiled from the 2016/17 season by Drew McManus on the Adaptistration website, reveals the top ten US concertmaster earnings, with six concertmasters earning more than half a million dollars.
- New York Philharmonic: $622,421
- San Francisco Symphony: $589,272
- Cleveland Orchestra: $579,030
- Chicago Symphony: $554,756
- Los Angeles Philharmonic: $539,739
- Boston Symphony: $532,036
- Philadelphia Orchestra: $438,253
- National Symphony: $401,800
- Saint Louis Symphony: $304,818
- Cincinnati Symphony: $293,423
According to McManus, the 2016/17 season continued to see positive gain in the average concertmaster’s compensation level. Nonetheless, overall growth over the last decade continues to be far below their music director and executive peers.
No comments yet