Do you have a passion for classical music and journalism? We’re looking for an editorial assistant to join our team
Do you have a passion for classical music and journalism? The Strad is seeking an editorial assistant to work across its print and digital platforms.
We are a small, hands-on team of players and music lovers. This full-time role offers an opportunity to learn and develop quickly on a brand with a fast-growing international presence.
- Knowledge of the classical music industry, an ability to read music, and a passion for the string music world
- Superb organisational skills, time-management and task-juggling abilities, the ability to work autonomously and without supervision
- Quick to learn with fast-developing writing, interviewing, sub-editing and proofreading skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A self-motivated team player, with the ability to support and work with colleagues
- Willing to work outside normal office hours from time to time, to complete projects/attend events
- Language skills an advantage
- Prepare articles to be web-ready – including writing for mobile and SEO
- Create compelling social media posts to an optimum schedule using a management platform
- Swiftly identify and write up news stories and other content relevant to the string-playing and string instrument-making world
- Assist in commissioning, curating and creating online content relevant to The Strad’s audience
- Proofreading; archive research; picture research
- Attend editorial meetings and contribute feature ideas
- Assist with listings research and updates
- Organise, conduct and write interviews and other editorial content
- Act as point of contact between freelance contributors and finance department
- Keep databases up to date and use these to compile the annual index
- Provide support on listings and directories products
- Attend concerts, press briefings and relevant industry events
- Assist with other projects as required
- Contribute to the company-wide success of Newsquest Media Group
About The Strad
The Strad is the indispensable guide for string players, teachers and instrument makers, featuring expert advice and practical guidance each month from celebrated luthiers and leading instrumentalists.
The Strad is part of Newsquest Media Group, based in Holborn, central London. The role currently offers a hybrid working pattern with a minimum of two days a week in the office (Tuesdays and Wednesdays) occasionally increasing to three during busy periods.
Along with your CV and covering letter, please include a short (250-300 word) piece of writing about a meaningful musical moment in your life.
Closing date 4 May
Applications to the editor: email@example.com
No comments yet