The Australian National Academy of Music (ANAM) wishes to appoint an outstanding Head of Violin to provide exceptional violin pedagogy at Australia’s pre-eminent music performance training institution.
ANAM provides elite performance training to young, predominantly graduate, classical musicians from Australia and New Zealand. ANAM is seeking to appoint an outstanding individual to be its next Head of Violin, to commence in July 2023.
As a key member of ANAM’s artistic team, the ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- • An outstanding reputation and demonstrable success as a violin pedagogue;
- • An inspiring vision for violin pedagogy and an understanding and passion for the Australian classical music sector;
- • A commitment to the importance of developing chamber music and orchestral skills in young musicians;
- • Current or previous experience as an exceptional performer;
- • Sophisticated level of musicianship and musical knowledge;
- • An ability to attract top violin students to ANAM, and an ability to identify talent and potential in applicants to ANAM.
The candidate should also:
- • bring a broad Australian and international network of contacts with institutions, ensembles and individual musicians as potential collaborators with ANAM; and
- • be able to inspire ANAM’s broad range of stakeholders, supporters and donors.
The successful candidate will need to be based at ANAM in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia for a material portion of the year, and especially during ANAM term dates.
Enquiries and requests for a candidate information pack may be directed in confidence to ANAM’s People and Culture Manager, Charlotte Cassidy via email at email@example.com.
Applications to include
- • a written response to the selection criteria and attributes required;
- • a detailed professional resume;
- • three (3) professional referees, who will not be contacted without the applicant’s approval.
How to apply
Applications and requests for a candidate information pack should be forwarded via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 23 December 2022.
Applications will be shortlisted in January 2023.
Interviews will commence online in January 2023.